[fpc-pascal] Re: Library for network calculation

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 10:24:20 CEST 2011

Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior wrote:
> Some time ago someone asked for a library able to do network calculations.
>
> Here is something that might evolve into such library :

[Snip]

A library for network calculations would have to include IPv6, and
ideally would interwork with (the equivalent of) DHCP etc. so that it
could obtain things like router addresses.

The sort of operation that I've found irritating in the past-
particularly when it had to be correct for both little- and big-endian
architectures- was shifting a mask left or right as part of an attempt
to determine whether a host was actually a router onto another subnet.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk