[fpc-pascal] Timezone information in a dataset datetime field?- updated

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 17:53:11 CEST 2011

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> If GPS could be persuaded to cough up basic information about the
> operative timezone in a standardised form (i.e. "you're in a country
> that uses WET") it would make things much easier. Or failing that if
> somebody had a comprehensive translation between lat/long and basic
> timezone info, i.e. "this polygon is GMT", "this polygon is WET" and so
> on; unlike transition dates etc. this wouldn't change very often.

Link below looks directly relevant: it contains polygon data for each
timezone, subject to knowing the current location.

http://efele.net/maps/tz/world/

I've confirmed that files are accessible (i.e. not subscription-only)
but not investigated the format of the content.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk