[fpc-pascal] Timezone information in a dataset datetime field?- updated

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 12:54:13 CEST 2011

On 25-7-2011 12:09, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Pretty much the same for PostgreSQL. I went through all this a few
> months ago, and while I didn't explore data entry I found that for data
> output I had to apply corrections myself although I could get properties
> of the current timezone from an internal table.
>
> In all cases the fundamental question is whether the OS has been
> installed with correct notification of where it's operating, and whether
> is has any mechanism to track what's going on if it's moved around.

Correct. Would you happen to have some cross platform code readily
available that spits out either:
1. Offset from UTC for a certain (historical or future) date/time
2. Timezone abbreviation suitable for inclusion in my XML export (don't
know yet what formats Access/ADO.Net/Excel/whatever needs)

... never hurts to ask, does it ;)

Thanks,
Reinier