[fpc-pascal] Patch: new XML export for FCL-DB, was: SDFDataset multiline support: request for a look at patch+test, issue 17285

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 16:35:01 CEST 2011

On 23-7-2011 14:40, Ludo Brands wrote:
>>> DecimalSeparator is set to the system value in Sysutils and
>> correspond
>>> to the machines localisation. You shouldn't hardcode it.
>> Well, I want to have the same output regardless of which
>> locale you're in. (Unless there's a really good reason not to
>> do that, or maybe, if there is a way to specify locale in the
>> output XML) So then I should hardcode it, right? (I'm
>> resetting them to their previous settings at the end of the
>> module, but there might be a better way of doing that).
>>
> Isn't property FormatSettings: TXMLXSDFormatSettings supposed to be used for
> this? It has a Property DecimalSeparator.
>
> Ludo
Ludo,

Maybe I misunderstood you: I have now chosen to use . unless the user
overrides that in the export FormatSettings.
Would this be satisfactory?

Also, I've written and uploaded a small VB.Net test program to see the
XML output .Net/ADO.NET creates/expects. The output is a bit different
than Access XP, but might be quite near newer version of Access.
I'm going to try and implement basic support for that.

Once I've finished that, I think it's done for now.

Thanks for the help,
Reinier