[fpc-pascal] Patch: new XML export for FCL-DB, was: SDFDataset multiline support: request for a look at patch+test, issue 17285

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 11:01:46 CEST 2011

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
<snip>
>> BigChimp
>>
>> PS: Shameless plug: Now working on fcl-db export to Unicode XML with XSD
>> support for better interoperability with .Net (ADO.NET) and Microsoft
>> Access...
>
> I will be glad to see your contribution :-)
>
> Michael.

Michael & everyone else,

I've uploaded initial implementation in issue 19790. Can't get UTF8
working & would appreciate people having a look at it. (So my earlier
estimate of having something by next week might still be valid ;)

Tested export using included test program; import worked in Access
XP/2002. Other less important tests/things to do are included in bug
report and source code.

If you guys can help me get UTF8 support working, and the code is
approved by the devs, I think we can add this to FCL-DB ;)

Thanks,
BigChimp