[fpc-pascal] SDFDataset multiline support: request for a look at patch+test, issue 17285

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:52:55 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'd really like to use fields that contain carriage returns and line
feeds in SDFDataset, so I've written a patch for SDFDataset as well as a
test.

I'd appreciate it if someone could look at & hopefully implement

This will help people that want to have better support for CSV export.

Note: I've seen in some other bug report, mailing list or forum (forget
where), that some people say SDFDataset shouldn't support line endings
in fields.
I've implemented a property called AllowMultiline in the patch; I'd be
perfectly happy too if it is implemented but the property is not enabled
by default.
(Also, the Lazarus book chapter 12.3 describes using SDFDataset for CSV
files, so we can change either SDFDataset or the book contents ;)

Thanks!

BigChimp

PS: Shameless plug: Now working on fcl-db export to Unicode XML with XSD
support for better interoperability with .Net (ADO.NET) and Microsoft
Access...