[fpc-pascal] [semi-off-topic] some C questions arising while using h2pas

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:01:07 CEST 2011

2011/7/15 Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>:

> FPC comes with translated openssl headers, so other than for learning purposes you shouldn't have to do this.

The problem currently is that it seems to provide only a subset of all
functionality of openssl.

Specifically I am currently looking for an implementation of ECDSA
(elliptic curve DSA signatures), this is not trivial (and probably not
a good idea) to try to implement this from scratch myself and since I
will later need openssl anyways (also for SHA512 which I will also
need and also for SSL sockets in lNet) I thought the best way would be
to use the implementations of these algorithms that are provided by
openssl.

Of course it would be desirable to make a patch to add the needed
declarations to the existing openssl unit but for this I first need to
make myself familiar with this library and its usage and this is the
reason I am currently experimenting with my own header translations.

Bernd