[fpc-pascal] Compiling just one package

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Wed Jul 13 20:47:48 CEST 2011

Hi,
I want to compile just one package, e.g., c:\freepascal\compiler\2.4.5\rtl.

1)
So, I used this:
cd c:\freepascal\compiler\2.4.5\rtl
set myroot=C:\freepascal
set myFPC=%myroot%\compiler\2.4.5
set mybinutils=%myroot%\binutils
set PATH=%mybinutils%\i386-win32;%myFPC%\bin\i386-win32
make clean all install PP=%mybinutils%\ppc386.exe

This script compiled the rtl package, but the \units directory was created.

2)
So, I tried the same script above, but I changed the last line:
make clean all install INSTALL_PREFIX=%myFPC% PP=%mybinutils%\ppc386.exe

I copied INSTALL_PREFIX=%myFPC% from my script that compile all FPC.

Didn't work.

So, how I can compile one package but set the output units to the
units directory default (in this case would be
c:\freepascal\compiler\2.4.5\units)?

Marcos Douglas