[fpc-pascal] video unit and pseudo-graphic characters on Windows

Howard Page-Clark hdpc at talktalk.net
Mon Jul 4 21:00:03 CEST 2011

On 04/7/11 7:16, Calinov Valentin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to display pseudo-graphic characters on Windows XP (English
> version) using video unit
> from fpc-2.4.4 .
> When I use "Raster Fonts" they are displayed correctly
> but when I use "Lucida Console" font, small squares are displayed instead.
> The current code page displayed by chcp command is 437.
>
> Is there any workaround for "Lucida Console" font ?

Many fonts lack graphics for certain code points, particularly code
points that are not not normally used for text. Points lacking in a font
are substituted by Windows with squares or ?? if you force display of a
character the font lacks. "Raster Fonts" is one of the few, as you
discovered, that supplies graphs for unusual code points.