[fpc-pascal] Building FPC on LFS system

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Jan 30 14:49:29 CET 2011

On 30 Jan 2011, at 14:35, Geoffray Levasseur wrote:

> I suppose I'll have to download a precompiled version for my system (x86_64)
> but I want do do this in a clean way.

Assuming "LFS" in your mail meant "Linux From Scratch", you can a download bootstrap binary from ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/dist/2.4.0/bootstrap/ppcx64-x86_64-linux.bz2 (it seems no bootstrap compiler for Linux/x86_64 was uploaded for 2.4.2, but the 2.4.0 binary can be used to bootstrap 2.4.2).

> Another question: is there any usefull optimization flags (just like CFLAGS)?

Not really. The default -O2 will be pretty much optimal. Only if you have an SSE3 capable cpu, you can add OPT="-Cfsse3" at the end of make command line. It won't make much of a difference though, as it only affects certain float to int conversions.

Jonas