[fpc-pascal] Re: Permuted index (KWIC) of function descriptions

Ben Smith ben.smith.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 21:05:45 CET 2011

2011/1/28 Tomas Hajny
> existence of good CHM viewers for Linux,

No such viewers exist. :-)

> time at least ;-) ) or support of this or that format in our textmode IDE.

Is there actually somebody that still uses a text mode IDE for day to
day development? I couldn't justify spending any time on enhancing a
text mode IDE, especially since there are thousands of better GUI text
editors or GUI IDE's out there.

> be indeed nice. ;-) Proper support for IBM .INF documents (including the
> OS/2 API documentation) in his viewer would be very nice too. ;-)))

I remember using OS/2 years ago, and from memory the OS/2 API
documentation (*.inf files) used many windows open at the same time in
the VIEW program. I cannot see how that can ever be converted to
something that will work in the textmode IDE. Plus you will also loose
any bitmap images/screenshots in any such help files (INF, CHM, HLP,
HTML etc).

--

              Ben.