[fpc-pascal] Re: Building kernel modules using fpc (for fun)

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 21:10:13 CET 2011

Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at ...> writes:

> On 15 January 2011 19:48, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at ...> wrote:
> > I might not be able to help you regarding this topic, but I believe that
> > you'll get a wall of "use C, god damnit" if you ask there :P

@Sven : it's for fun. Whether I'd be having fun is probably debatable but it may
be fun for many ;) And then, you know the steps : first they laugh at you...

> Heh, well, :)  It's pretty cool for simple drivers.  I don't think you
> can get very far without translating a huge amount of header files and
> nasty macros, though.
>
> Henry

Yeah, see Jonas' reply about breaking ABI all the time ;)
(but then, hey, somebody wrote ctopas or whatsitcalled...)

Maybe somebody could produce an example that is at least insmodable? (even e.g.
hello world) :)

Lukasz