[fpc-pascal] Skipping an the "inherited" of an ancestor

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.dk
Sat Jan 15 12:09:53 CET 2011

On 2011-01-14 23:05, Max Vlasov wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Torsten Bonde Christiansen
> <tc at epidata.dk <mailto:tc at epidata.dk>> wrote:
>
>     Hi List.
>
>     Is it possible to jump a couple of levels in the inherited
>     hierarchy when calling "inherited" on a method?
>

> Hmm, don't know whether you're the same person or not :), but I
> replied in a stackoverflow question the next day after it was asked
> (see here:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4662744/delphi-how-to-call-inherited-inherited-ancestor/4670457#4670457
> ) and it looked like the host didn't notice :). At least this variant
> seemed to work

I'm sorry to say that it is not I who wrote on stackoverflow, but could
as well have been. Anyways, your solution does not really solve the
problem, since i will have to introduce a HackedParent class and that
kinds of defeat the purpose.
All I really want is to skip to a grandparent class using the normal
"inherited" functionality. I have tried to look through the mailinglist
archive, because I seem to remember someone else might have asked this
question as well - but I haven't been able to find anything (yet).

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen.