[fpc-pascal] error compiling lazarus

Benedikt Schindler BeniSchindler at gmx.de
Mon Jan 3 12:45:33 CET 2011

On 01/02/11 22:45, Benedikt Schindler wrote:

>>> I've been having problems on one particular machine over the last few
>>> days which I suspect are down to inadequate RAM+swap- I think I've
>>> only got around 512Mb total.
>>
>> This was on a SPARC/Linux system, it's not the same as the slow Solaris
>> compilation I've been ranting about. A system with around 512Mb RAM+swap
>> is having problems usually during linkage, while one with around 768Mb
>> RAM+swap is OK.
>>

> I don't think i have a RAM problem.
> I am running this on a
>
> Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9900  @ 3.06GHz
> 8GB RAM
> ppcx64
>

> i can reproduce the error with this little programm.
> The programm still prints the "test1" and "test2".
> And when he tryes to set the var Application it crashed in Line47.
>
> [programm listing]

today i tested the 32bit version.
same error.

i am using:
OpenSuSe 11.3
latest online updates installed
i tried to compile with fpc-2.4.2-1   32Bit and 64Bit

so far it sounds like i am the only one who experienced this error.
i will make some more tests to see if i could get more details on that
error.

have a nice day
Benedikt