[fpc-pascal] Re: Embedded web server

Ben ben.smith.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 11:07:22 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-25 11:47, Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior het geskryf:
> iirc aservia was an experiment.

Oh. So what everything is the different between Aservia vs nYume?

> why would you choose aservia over lightwebserver ?

I was just looking at what aservia can do. I haven't played with
lightwebserver either. What I like about nYume, is the no dependency on
external code/libraries/components. nYume only uses what is included
with FPC already.

It took me 5 minutes to get nYume to compile under the latest FPC 2.4.3
(64-bit linux).

We have a product that will require an embedded web server, so nYume
looks like a good choice. We just need to test its CGI support thoroughly.

Now, does anybody know if one can run a [embedded] webserver like nYume
as a standard desktop user under Linux? Without doing something like:

  $ sudo ./nYume

--

            Ben.