[fpc-pascal] Ansistrings under Android

de_jean_7777 de_jean_7777 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 18:06:50 CET 2011

Now that I have a working fpc crosscompiler for Android, and all the
code runs ok, I encountered another problem. Namely working with
ansistrings causes crashes. For example, in a simple test, calling the
str() routine will cause a crash due to a run-time 216 error (general
protection fault). I've also noticed that crashes can occur upon routine
exit, when ansistrings are freed automatically. I thought that using the
C memory manager (cmem) might help, but there is no difference.

For some reason, units are not initialized under a android shared
library, so I call internal_initializeunits() myself in the JNI_OnLoad
which is called automatically by the JNI, and is called before any other
routine.