[fpc-pascal] help with synapse mime routines...

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Sat Feb 19 14:45:54 CET 2011

On Sat, February 19, 2011 06:36, waldo kitty wrote:
> On 2/18/2011 04:47, Tomas Hajny wrote:
>> On Fri, February 18, 2011 02:24, waldo kitty wrote:
 .
 .
> ok, as i wrote before, i would attempt to provide more information...
> here's
> what i'm getting with the attached source code when attempting to compile
> GO32V2 (native) target on my win2k development box... this environment is
> from
> the DOS242FULL.ZIP archive with the same last synapse public release code
> as
> previously used in my i386-win32 console compilations... this is the
> same/only
> public release code available from the synapse site... i have NOT (yet)
> attempted to pull the SVN synapse code... yes, this synapse code appears
> to be
> "ancient" in that it is dated 2009 (IIRC!)...
>
> Fatal: Can't find unit dynlibs used by synafpc

Yes - unit dynlibs (loading of DLLs on demand) is not supported under
GO32v2 for obvious reasons...

> my sources, yet unmodified for more general processing, are attached...
> yes, it
> is "ugly" and i need to move at least one section to another procedure or
> two
> but here it is in all its ugliness ;)
>
> i /THINK/ this is the same initial error i get when attempting to compile
> on
> OS/2 from the OS2242FULL.ZIP archive... on each, they are set up as a
> separate
> and distinct entity and the exact same synapse sources are copied to each
> distinct base installation's projects directory... the only thing i've
> done in
> each case is to add the synapse sources' directory to the unit and include
> files
> sections in the FPC IDE...

Unit dynlibs is perfectly supported by the OS2 target, i.e. the error
should not be the same. However, it's well possible that it fails at
runtime at the same spot because it probably tries to load a library not
available under OS/2.

> i hope this is clear and understandable... i will provide another post
> with the
> necessary information for the OS/2 native side if necessary... just let me
> know,
> eh? :P

I'll have a look at your sources once I get home. Having Synapse
supporting the OS/2 target would be a nice side-effect. ;-)

Tomas