[fpc-pascal] help with synapse mime routines...

Kevin Jesshope kevinofoz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 05:39:04 CET 2011

Hi Waldo,

I don't have the mimepart or synaser units available at the moment so
without actually compiling the code I am not certain the following
observations are the cause of your trouble. They are however somewhere
to start.

1 In line 63 you are checking to see if m1 is nil to see if the object
has already been freed. This will not work as Free does not set the
var to nil. Use FreeAndNil(m1) instead to acheive that.
2 In line 49 you are assigning m1 := m.GetSubPart(MyPart - 1) so when
you go to free m1, expecting to free the m1 created in line 44, you
are in fact freeing the result from the GetSubPart function. You have
lost the reference you had to the original TMimePart created at line
44. Declare and use say m2 to fix this one.

Regards

Kevin Jesshope - In Touch Computer Support