[fpc-pascal] Android calling JNI functions crash

de_jean_7777 de_jean_7777 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 18:28:45 CET 2011

Under Android I've tried running my native programs which works great.
However, If I try to call any of the JNI functions as received with env
(PJNIEnv, as the first argument of any native JNI function) I get a
crash. I've checked the pointers and they are not nil, but from what
I've been able to gather I get a SIGILL, ILLOPCODE signal.  At first I
thought I may have targeted the wrong cpu or fpu instruction set, so
I've targeted ARMv3 for cpu and SOFT for fpu, rebuilt the crosscompiler
but still no luck as I get the same crash. I'm not sure why this is
happening as I'm using FPU instruction in my program, and they work.
I've built the crosscompiler using the source from trunk also with a
compiler built from trunk. The headers I use for this were provided by
Benjamin Rosseaux with his Android JNI example, and the BeRoXM app, who
seems to have it working. Any help would be appreciated. I've checked
also and made a simple JNI test program, which also crashes, so I'm
suspecting it might have something to do with the crosscompiler or
something blatant I've missed.

I've been at this last night for about 8 hours and am slowly going insane.