[fpc-pascal] Re: processing quote-printable text...

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Feb 12 02:37:27 CET 2011

On 2/11/2011 01:28, Ben wrote:
> Op 2011-02-10 22:24, waldo kitty het geskryf:
>> the tool to be a native OS/2 FPC tool... the only real change i had to
>> make was to change "string" to "ansistring"...
>
> Glad to see somebody still uses OS/2. I still have my original disks and
> packaging of OS/2 2.1, 3.0, 3.0 Warp Connect and Warp 4.0. :-) It was an
> awesome OS in it's day. I still think the WPS beats anything currently
> out there... Anyway, now I'm get a bit off-topic.

i know the feeling ;)

>> than 70 characters? is there a mime(?) conversion library available in
>> FPC to handle that part so i don't have to code specific replacements as
>
> Yesterday, while looking at LNet and Synapse I spotted the latter having
> a MIME processing unit. So maybe you could use that, or at least find it
> a somewhat useful.

thanks for the info! i find it very hard to locate information on some of the
things i want to work with... in the past, i'd just write my own but trying to
move to the newer capabilities and features while also learning the new
environment AND remember what i used to know like the back of my hand is a job
in itself... i will take a dig into those and see what i can see... hopefully it
won't be hard to drag the routine(s) out and get them to work for my needs...

i'm contemplating reading the original file into a stream and then processing it
from there before writing the final output files... i've only worked with
streams a few times... this should be interesting... maybe i can get all the
processing done at once with a few passes thru the stream and then spit out the
final files at the end... it would be better than now where the finals are spit
out as we go and then get more processing externally :)