[fpc-pascal] Timer in X11

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:22:37 CET 2011

On 22 December 2011 11:50, Henry Vermaak  wrote:

> Perhaps you should try powertop.

Thanks for this. I never knew about powertop. I just ran it for a few
minutes. A fpGUI base app in idle rates 6th in the "top causes for
wakeups" on my system  - rated at 4% of total processes running. I
have no idea how that relates to actual power usage though. My USB
trackball (at 18%) and Firefox (at 16%) rated 2nd and 3th,
respectively. The kernel_scheduler got the number one spot with 20+%
share of all running processes.

I don't think fpGUI is doing too badly, but also not ideal. I'll see
if I can improve that code in fpGUI a bit.

  - Graeme -