[fpc-pascal] Timer in X11

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 15:53:54 CET 2011

wow, I started taking a look at how to do it and as always with
anything related to X11 it is terribly complicated ... but luckly I am
not alone here using FPC, so I shamelessly stole code from fpgui,
hammered it a little bit to fit TTimer and TCDTimer and already have a
initial TTimer for X11. If anyone wants to know how I did:

http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&root=lazarus&revision=34350

Gotta love compatible licensing =)

And while we are discussing tasty stuff from fpgui, I added partial
xft and fontconfig headers to FPC in rev 19879 They are more correctly
reflecting the C headers then the original one from fpgui and a little
bit more complete too:

http://fpgui.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=fpgui/fpgui;a=blob;f=src/corelib/x11/fpg_xft_x11.pas;h=22bf3aff39e118a5cfaaf7c255b406755fb1634e;hb=HEAD

It would be good if someone could check the build system, because in
that directory there are 2 build systems, fpmake.pp and Makefile, and
I dont know which is the active one

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho