[fpc-pascal] Why is Random(255) some 529x slower compared to Delphi 7?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Dec 9 14:02:04 CET 2011

In our previous episode, Reimar Grabowski said:
> Like people already said, lots of talk about a 'problem' that 10 years noone has seen as one.

(it's afaik not the first. Has been noticed once or twice before. But those
people used it in unittests, and simply changed without much ado when the
problem was identified.  Contrary to the fact that before the twister
change, people complaining about random being "not as random as Delphi"
several times per year)