[fpc-pascal] Why is Random(255) some 529x slower compared to Delphi 7?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 15:47:04 CET 2011

On 7 December 2011 15:54, Peter <peter at .....> wrote:

> I would recommend using Marsaglia's XORShift.
> Blisteringly fast, high quality statistically, and very easy to implement.

Thanks for the info. Like I said, the original code in tiOPF is just
an extra [sample / simple] encryption implementation. There already
exists more secure encryption implementations in tiOPF, based on DES &
Blowfish. The latter two will be used in real-world applications, and
the simple encryption not.

Either way, I'll add this to my todo list, to improve the simple
encryption - but it's a low priority item at the moment.

  - Graeme -