[fpc-pascal] Markdown parser?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:41:09 CET 2011

On 3 December 2011 14:46, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> Hi, does anyone knows if there is a Markdown parser already developed for
> FreePascal?.

Sorry, I looked everywhere on my work system and our server. I can't
seem to find my markdown parser anywhere. That'll teach me to use SCM
systems more often.

I remembered I modeled the code after a very fast Java Markdown
parser. The code wasn't difficult, so it should go relatively quickly
to implement a Object Pascal version again.

I did a quick Google search, here is the link to the Java MarkDown
parser I based my code on.

  https://github.com/rjeschke/txtmark/

You can see from the notes in that URL, it passes all the MarkDown
tests, and compared to other MarkDown implementation, txtmark
absolutely flies!

This is what I wanted to implement with MarkDown. An alternative GUI
fpdoc content editor that uses Markdown syntax.
  http://www.markdownpad.com/

  - Graeme -