[fpc-pascal] How to read TDOMNode attributes

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 21:26:27 CET 2011

On 2 December 2011 19:45, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 19:30:17 +0000
> Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2 December 2011 19:09, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> >wrote:

> as
> > >
> > > HasAttribute:=(Node is TDOMElement) and
> > > (TDOMElement.hasAttribute('Name'));
> > >
> > > Attribute value:
> > >
> > > if Node is TDOMElement then
> > >  Value:=TDOMElement(Node).GetAttribute('Name')
> > > else
> > >  Value:='';
> > >

> > > Mattias
> > >

> > Is there a way of counting the attributes and listing them out if you
> don't
> > know what they are in advance, or some kind of iteration which will tell
> > you when you are on the last item or there are none at all?
>
> You may want to read the fpc xml tutorial:
>
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/XML_Tutorial#Printing_the_names_of_nodes_and_attributes
>
> Mattias

The example you pointed doesn't show what I am looking for, but it led me
to one that does -
http://wiki.freepascal.org/XML_Tutorial#Populating_a_TreeView_with_XML.

The method in question is the TDomNode.Attributes.Length property. I
thought something like that shoud exist but I was looking for a Count
property. Shouldn't it be count instead?

--
Frank Church