[fpc-pascal] FPC i386 and x86_64 using the same source

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Tue Aug 23 13:40:35 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 6:24 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> On 22 Aug 2011, at 23:08, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>> So, I understood right, is not supported.
>> I not need these utilities and I do not know if they all are important
>> or who uses them, etc.
>
> Some of them are used by the makefiles, some by the compiler and some by the user.

So, them are very important.

>> But if, one day, I will use some utility, I shoud compile it to use
>> because I never know if it is 32 or 64bit. I'm right?
>
> It doesn't matter whether it is 32 or 64 bit, it will do exactly the
> same (except for "fpc", which will call ppcx64 if it was compiled
> for 64 bit, and ppc386 if it was compiled for 32 bit).

Of course it matters! 64 bit doesn't works in OS 32 bit. That is my problem.
I'm configuring a HD external with my all environment.

> 3. Install everything to the same prefix. Add CROSSINSTALL=1
> to the "make install" line for which you do *not* want to install the
> utilities (e.g., if you want the default compiler to be the i386 one,
> add CROSSINSTALL=1 when installing the 64 bit compiler)

Hm... OK, I will try. Looks like that is I want.
But which magic "CROSSINSTALL=1" does? Do you have a link where I can
study more about it?

Marcos Douglas