[fpc-pascal] Is such memory statistics possible?

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 23:46:24 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Ludo Brands <ludo.brands at free.fr> wrote:

> **
>

>  OK compiles now. I tested this with 2 programs but when I include
> uProcMemMon as the first unit in lpr and define -dPROCMEMMON then they both
> crash with a sigsegv. Undefine PROCMEMMON and they run fine.  I've
> attached a small testprogram that crashes in bufdataset.
>

> Just a small copy paste problem:
>
> change line 295
>
>   Result := OldMemMgr.GetMem(Size);
> into
>
>   Result := OldMemMgr.AllocMem(Size);
> Ludo

Ludo, thanks, it's a good news and a reason once again to call this type of
error to the top of most frequent causes of errors :) Uploaded the zip with
the fix.

If you meant MMM_Freemem that took about 200k according to the screenshot, I
think it can be related to saving dealocated block, i.e. when the memory
manager needs new memory to save the locations of freed blocks. Just a guess
than possibly needs further investigation.

Max