[fpc-pascal] Is such memory statistics possible?

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 13:47:54 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Ludo Brands <ludo.brands at free.fr> wrote:

> **
>

> Based on this discussion and the following research I made an attempt to
> implement something like this for fpc/lazarus.
>
> The final result are a couple of units and a dialog that allows to see the
> results in any time inside the program. You can see the real example in the
> screenshot:
>
>   http://www.maxerist.net/downloads/procmemstat_ss.png
>
> The download link for pascal sources:
>
>   http://www.maxerist.net/downloads/procmemstat.zip (5k)
>

> Where can I find units uNtSnapshot, uMem32, uUniCompat?
>
> Looking at the screenshot, I'm confused. Memory allocated by FreeMem. How
> should that be interpreted?
>
> thanks, Ludo

Sorry about that, I uploaded the archive once again with only uNtSnapshot
dependency.

 http://www.maxerist.net/downloads/procmemstat.zip<http://www.maxerist.net/downloads/procmemstat.zip>

As for the numbers, they're not supposed to be pieces to be summed. I
mentioned utilities for finding space on drive, for example my FindFatFolder
(http://www.maxerist.net/main/soft-for-win/find-fat-folder), every reachable
folder (also nodes, not only leafs) is used and calculated, if you want to
find the eater, you just look from the top to the bottom and wait for
'bingo'. In other words If you see a big number and the name of the function
looks like a strange source of such big number (cumulative) you look deeper.
For folders it works, but will it work for function I still don't know :)

Max