[fpc-pascal] Re: RE : RE : RE : Assigning value to ftVariant datatype& varbytes-still stuck

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:53:39 CEST 2011

On 9-8-2011 12:17, Ludo Brands wrote:
> I created a patch for ftVariant, ftBytes and ftVarBytes support as well as a
> check for supported types and attached it to the issue. Feel free to extend
> your tests with it ;)
Thanks, I'll have a look.

> Also a change in fpXMLXSDExport line 388:
>
>       Fanode := Foutputdoc.Createtextnode(Utf8decode(EF.Field.AsString));
>
> Instead of
>
>       Fanode :=
> Foutputdoc.Createtextnode(Encodestringbase64(EF.Field.AsString));
>
> The format was defined as string before.
That doesn't match my current version.
Maybe I already made the change:
I've changed ftVariant to base64 encoding (i.e. treat is as binary) in
commit 19:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpc_laz_patch_playground/changeset/a78b5a5de22e

Can you tell me what field type it is? I'm guessing ftVariant...

You might also be interested in the newest version on Bitbucket. The
last couple of days I've added some fixes to block invalid date ranges
for Access/Excel, as well as the order of output in Delphi clientdataset...
The tests are crashing again now, so I might be back with some newbie
questions.

Thanks for the help & the patch,
Reinier