[fpc-pascal] Cross Compiling from Linux to a Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6 target. How?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Aug 1 10:24:28 CEST 2011

On 01 Aug 2011, at 09:49, Bruce Tulloch wrote:

> The information on the FPC wiki and elsewhere in the lists is woefully
> out of date.

In general, this is not supported (and personally I've never done it). You have to build an Apple tool chain (assembler, linker) on a Linux host, which is not supported by Apple, and then copy a Mac OS X SDK to your Linux machine. Additionally, for -Xg functionality (in combination with DWARF debug information) the dsymutil program is required, but since it's not open source it is definitely not possible to build it for Linux.

I think your best bet is to google general information about cross-compiling from Linux to Mac OS X. I think there is nothing FPC-specific about it, except for maybe pointing the compiler to the SDK (use the -XR command line parameter for that).

Jonas