[fpc-pascal] FPImage and GetDataLineStart

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Fri Apr 22 13:23:04 CEST 2011

Am 22.04.2011 12:36, schrieb Sven Barth:

> Oh dear... I have completely forgotton about operators in record helpers
> in my implementation...

That's the problem with every new language feature: the complexity of
the compiler probably increases not with O(n) but something between O(n)
and O(n^2).

> Nevertheless I don't think this would help in the current situation.
> Let's assume he uses a 3rd party record that does not contain operators
> (only global ones) and he uses a 3rd party generic type. Let's further
> assume that the user can't or does not want to modify those two types.
> Then he can't use a record helper during the specialization, because
> that helper isn't available in that time like the global operators
> defined along side the record aren't.

Well, that's another semantic question: which helpers are available?
What's the reason why the helper should not be available. It is part of
the type?