[fpc-pascal] Delphi 2010 code crashing in Lazarus (0.9.30, Win32)

Paul Nicholls paulfnicholls at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 09:06:46 CEST 2011

Hi all,
  I have a DLL that was compiled using Delphi 2010 (or Delphi XE, not sure
which...), and this DLL uses PWideString in a bunch of it's interfaces.

I have some code that uses the DLL which runs fine using D2010, but crashes
using Lazarus 0.9.30, Win32.  The debugger is being less than helpful in
allowing me to track down the problem (big AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!).

Does Lazarus/Freepascal have WideString/AnsiString support (mixing types
too) out of the box like D2010, or do I have to do different things with
Lazarus code when mixing WideString/AnsiString values and assignments?

cheers,
Paul
--
"The plastic veneer of civilization is easily melted in the heat of the
moment" - Paul Nicholls