[fpc-pascal] Is there a problem on the lazarus mailing list?

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 10:13:53 CEST 2011

2011/4/12 Juha (gmail) <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com>:
> Luca Olivetti kirjoitti tiistai, 12. huhtikuuta 2011 10:20:04:
>> Sorry for the off-topic, but I sent a message yesterday to the lazarus
>> mailing list and it hasn't appeared.
>> In fact there aren't new messages since last Sunday.
>> Does anybody know if is there a problem with the lazarus list server?
>
> I got my message through yesterday night, at topic:
>  Component visibility at design time

There seems to be a problem with DNS:
http://www.dnswatch.info/dns/dnslookup?la=en&host=lists.lazarus.freepascal.org&type=MX&submit=Resolve

Searching for lists.lazarus.freepascal.org. MX record at
A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. [198.41.0.4] ...took 27 ms
Searching for lists.lazarus.freepascal.org. MX record at
d0.org.afilias-nst.org. [199.19.57.1] ...took 10 ms
Searching for fpc.dfmk.hu. A record at A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
[198.41.0.4] ...took 24 ms
Searching for fpc.dfmk.hu. A record at ns1.nic.hu. [193.239.149.3] ...took 19 ms
Searching for fpc.dfmk.hu. A record at ns2.iif.hu. [193.225.12.59] ...took 21 ms
Searching for lists.lazarus.freepascal.org. MX record at fpc.dfmk.hu.
[193.224.143.26] ...took 25 ms

Nameserver fpc.dfmk.hu. reports: No such host lists.lazarus.freepascal.org
hint: Try lazarus.freepascal.org instead.

I will ask the fpc admin to try and fix this.

Vincent