[fpc-pascal] Compiling android example

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 13:15:27 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Amit Bueno <amitbueno at gmail.com> wrote:
> B.      Installed eclipse with the ADT pluging for android

I don't use Eclipse, and therefore the instructions do not cover using it.

ANT is what builds the Java code. You need to have a working
installation of ANT and all java packages that it requires. For me
this was a huge amount of stuff, which I downloaded via urpmi to my
Mandriva Linux. Unfortunatelly I didn't keep track of what I needed to
install, but I can say that strange error messages in ant usually ment
missing Java packages.

> And raised the following questions:
> A.      What do I need in order to compile the pascal portion of the code. (I've already got fpc installed on my windows machine)?

You will need to have the adequate FPC cross-compiler installed and
the adequate cross-binutils configured to produce armv5 binaries.  See
this wiki page:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Android_Interface#Configuring_the_Free_Pascal_Compiler_for_Android

When that is done, you can open Lazarus, open the LPI file and build.
Or else you can call FPC from the command line. I can check which
options Lazarus puts in the command line if you want to do that.

> B.      How are the java example classes connected to the pascal?

via pipes

> C.      What do I need to preform a successful compilation of the android pascal code?

This question repeats question A?

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho