[fpc-pascal] Library for network calculations

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 11:58:45 CEST 2011

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Apr 2011, Frank Church wrote:
>
>> Is there an fpc library for TCP/IP network calculations, like
>> computing subnets, broadcast address etc.
>
> Not to my knowledge. The netdb and resolve units contain some resolving
> logic.
> Patches to implement this kind of functionality are definitely welcome.

Most definitely welcome. I've hacked around with this sort of thing a
bit- sliding subnet masks around to try to find responding UDP systems
the other side of a router- and it was unpleasant, particularly when it
had to work on both little- and big-endian systems.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk