[fpc-pascal] Is Delphi7 on Windows to FPC on embedded Linux possible?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 11:01:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 25 September 2010 00:17, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
> So then I found FPC and now I am looking for advice concerning if it
> would be possible to use FPC/Lazarus to program for an embedded
> Linux board with a graphics LCD screen. I want to be able to do the following:

Paul Breneman created a simply archive you can download which doesn't
require any extra setup. This allows you to build for Embedded Linux
or Windows CE devices. He also uses fpGUI Toolkit which produces much
smaller executables than Lazarus LCL.  With fpGUI you can use any IDE
you which - it's ide independent.

http://www.turbocontrol.com/helloworld.htm
http://www.turbocontrol.com/monitor.htm
http://www.turbocontrol.com/embeddedfreepascal.htm

I personally don't write software for embedded systems, so I can't
comment on the remainder of your queries. I'm pretty sure Paul
wouldn't mind answering some of your questions though. His email
address is at the bottom of each of the URL's I posted above.

  - Graeme -