[fpc-pascal] code optimization

stefan077 at web.de stefan077 at web.de
Tue Sep 21 16:39:52 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am currently trying to get the fastest possible code from fpc on a  modern CPU (Intel Xeon) under Windows XP. I use the compiler options:

fpc -Mdelphi -O3 -OpPENTIUMM -Cfsse2 -Cr- -Co- -CO- -Ci- myprogram.dpr

Are there any better settings I should use? Compiling exactly the same  program with Delphi7 results in 50% faster code. I understand that fpc  does not support the most recent CPUs, but neither does DELPHI 7. So  what optimizations are done by Delphi 7 that are not done by fpc and why  is this the case?

 Stefan