[fpc-pascal] Re: fpc-pascal Digest, Vol 75, Issue 19

Luis Fernando Del Aguila Mejía luis3000 at ec-red.com
Sat Sep 11 20:54:19 CEST 2010

Ok, I understand.
So readln is affected by the WideString Manager, and the  WideString Manager
use operating system routines, (Windows).  In linux I use cwstring. ok.

In this case,  When I use readln. readln (cad);
The command interpreter uses 850 (cmd),  but Windows uses 1252.
When I enter the symbol €, it converts it to ?.  As I understand, because
this symbol does not exist in 850.
But when I use Writeln ('€'), no shows the question mark ?.  As I
understand, it is because the symbol exists in 1252.

That is, When I use readln, then the Widestring manager use the charset of
the command interpreter (cmd 850), and when I use writeln, then the
Widestring manager, use the charset of the Operating System (ANSI-1252).
(only windows)

Am I right, or am I wrong?

thanks