[fpc-pascal] Apple development tools

Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Fri Sep 10 09:01:04 CEST 2010

  Am 09.09.10 15:45, schrieb Jonas Maebe:
> On 09 Sep 2010, at 15:31, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>
>> I've just had my attention drawn to this elsewhere, and thought it
>> would be of general interest.
>>
>> "In particular, we are relaxing all restrictions on the development
>> tools used to create iOS apps, as long as the resulting apps do not
>> download any code. This should give developers the flexibility they
>> want, while preserving the security we need.
> Perfect! FPC-compiled apps are once again allowed by the new SDK
> agreement:
That is very nice ! Because my company is currently working on an
large "business application" OpenGL Engine Framework "coded like a game
engine"
for visualizing network traffic and reporting in 3D with heavy use of
shaders,
physics and FPC.
iOS for iPAD and iPhone was on our list of targeted platforms,
and is now again.

> "Developers should be testing and developing their apps in line with
> the iOS Developer Program License Agreement. Should you have any
> questions or concerns, we request that you review the iOS Developer
> Program License Agreement details with your own legal counsel. You may
> view a copy of the latest agreement via the Member Center - Your
> Account area:<snip>"
>
> I didn't bother to actually check whether there was a new agreement (I
> figured it was just a boiler plate for "go away"), but given this
> development it does seem that it was grouped with all other objections
> to that change...
I got the same reply to my mail from April, and interpreted it the same
(negative) way. But now things seem to move ...

helmut