[fpc-pascal] Basics of profiling

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 13:47:58 CEST 2010

Thanks a lot all for the tips =)

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> fpprofiler was quick and easy to use, and it have me results that was
> But for quick and easy profiling, I found fpprofiler to suite my needs
> just well. Just remember to have your code in some SCM system, because
> fpprofiler does modify the code and recompiles it

Good to know that there is a pascal profiling solution, but somewhat
nasty that it changes the code, but thinking about it I couldn't think
of a better alternative. Maybe only by copying the source tree to a
temp dir.

> Obviously, you can go old-school too, and simply use EpikTimer, to
> time certain functions you know to be slow or prone to "hot spots" in
> code.

In my case I only wanted to profile 5 painting routines, so I just
went for EpikTimer with a PROFILING ifdef and it worked well =)

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho