[fpc-pascal] Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 Ubuntu 10.10 x64

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 09:44:17 CEST 2010

Andrew Brunner wrote:

> I've got a problem with the PostgreSQL component.  I've got an insert
> statement with int64 values.  The prepare command goes through but the
> server denies the entire packet with the string value of the int64 is
> too large for integer type error.
>
> The fields were all declared as bigint and the parameter binding
> happened as LargeInt.  This worked on MySQL but I'm sure everything is
> working on my end.  Anyone have problems with using Int64 types and
> insert?

The problem is in TypeStrings, ftLargeInt should return 'bigint' instead
of 'int'. Fixed in MSEide+MSEgui trunk 4028.
http://developer.berlios.de/svn/?group_id=11520

Interresting, MSEgui is used in production since years with PostgreSQL,
Firebird, MySQL and Sqlite3, nobody ever reported the bug...

Martin