[fpc-pascal] What are the issues involved in threads sharing variables?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:20:11 CEST 2010

I am writing an app involving 2 threads, and a timer loop in the UI.

The first thread monitors network events, logs them into a database, appends
them to a list.

The second thread monitors the list, checks the events and updates a data
structure, which is used by a timer loop in the main application to update
the UI.

What are the issues involved in making sure that the 2 threads don't
conflicted over access to the list?
This is my first foray into using threads that share memory structures.

--
Frank Church