[fpc-pascal] Re: Multi-threaded project with few locks (no Thread.waitfor). Memory consumption keeps increasing on Ubuntu 10.10 x64

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 20:09:18 CEST 2010

> What are the exact differences from this test to your last one? Would be
> nice to know that... :)

Every barrier causes a significant increase in time.  In high
performance parallel computing time is something we minimize.  Big
reductions in linear execution yield massive performance gains in the
parallel environments.  So when I removed the FPC barrier that gave me
a significant increase in performance.  I also used the parent's
RTLEvent instead of creating one for each thread which added another
boost.  Then i removed another barrier for adding elements to the
watch list.  All together, that solved my problem.