[fpc-pascal] Where is IsMultiThreaded set under Linux?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 15:26:59 CEST 2010

On 8 October 2010 15:13, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> The timeout parameter is ignored when using cthreads, because the pthreads
> API does not support waiting for a thread termination with a timeout.

So what does Qt do different, so they have a wait option.  From there
docs it doesn't explicitly mention your application will be frozen
until the thread terminates. They also support a timeout, so it must
be possible in FPC too?

  http://doc.trolltech.com/4.7/qthread.html#wait

See, currently it's a double whammy under Linux. WaitFor (under unix)
has an infinite timeout, yet timout is not implemented, so as soon as
you call TThread.WaitFor (in any GUI app: fpGUI, MSEgui, LCL-GTK2
etc.), you can just as well go kill your process, because it never
returns. You app is frozen! This is what I'm trying to explain.... and
find a possible way of getting it to work in GUI apps.

  - Graeme -