[fpc-pascal] Build scripts for Freepascal and Lazarus compilation from source

Matthias K. makadev at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 5 15:40:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

there is one improvement to this.
The first pass for the new compiler doesn't need "make all" which
compiles all packages too. This results in
duplicate package compilation on changes and packages take most time.
The following lines are part of an old fpc 2.4 gentoo ebuild I use,
which compiles the rtl/compiler with system compiler and compiles
rtl/packages/utils with the new compiler afterwards. Those only rtl is
compiled 2 times:

# first pass, compile the new compiler with system compiler (no cycle,
must be same target)
make rtl
make compiler

# second pass, compile rtl/utils/packages with new compiler
make PP=${FPC_BUILD_DIR}/compiler/${PPCNAME} rtl_clean
make PP=${FPC_BUILD_DIR}/compiler/${PPCNAME} rtl packages_all utils
# second pass could also be "make PP=... all"
make PP=... install

for further information see
http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/dev-lang/fpc/fpc-2.4.0.ebuild?view=markup
in src_compile and src_install functions