[fpc-pascal] How to get to Range Check Error location

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 16:47:27 CEST 2010

Hello FPC-Pascal,

Saturday, October 2, 2010, 3:07:36 PM, you wrote:

JMg> Forgot to tell, I compiled with "-gw -gh".
JMg> "-gw" should be as good as "-gl".
JMg> Now I tried with -gl but no luck. I get an Assembly window:
JMg>   http://koti.phnet.fi/juhamann/Lazarus/AssemblyRangeCheck.jpg
JMg> but no source lines.

The assembly window in Lazarus is shown when no backtrace line is
available to point the cursor in, so open callstack "View -> Debug ->
Callstack" and you will see that there is no available backtrace,
maybe except the fpc sources without debug information (you will see
some, usually 3, function names). The backtrace is often damaged when
memory corruption happends and usually calling a non initialized
object and not nil of course (as freed objects with heaptrc are
signaled with a magic number).

--
Best regards,
 José