[fpc-pascal] Building FPC trunk on XP win64

Birger Jansen birger at cnoc.nl
Fri Nov 26 14:13:02 CET 2010

> > make[3]: Leaving directory `E:/FPC/lazarus/fpc/trunk/compiler'
> > __missing_command_CMP -i218 ppc3.exe ppcx64.exe
> > process_begin: CreateProcess((null), __missing_command_CMP -i218 ppc3.exe
> > ppcx64
> > .exe, ...) failed.
>
> Yes - this means that you don't have GNU tool called "cmp" in the PATH.
>
> Tomas

Ah... cmp is a tool... It is indeed included with the 32 bit Lazarus installation, but not with the 64 bit. I managed to build a 64 bit compiler by crosscompiling from my 32 bit installation, but will try again now from 64 bit.

I'll see if I can find the missing cmp.exe in 64 bit version or try with the 32 bit version.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
  Birger