[fpc-pascal] Corba Interfaces and IInterface query

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 14 13:18:01 CET 2010

On 14.11.2010 13:03, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 14 November 2010 13:03, Sven Barth<pascaldragon at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> It's Delphi compatible:
>> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/VCL/XE/en/System.IInterface
>>
>> So yes, it seems to be a COM interface even in Delphi 7+ (I don't know about
>> Kylix though).
>
> I don't know that the latest Embarcadero docs say, but IInterface was
> introduced when Kylix was created. Kylix runs under Linux where COM
> doesn't exist. So IInterface was not COM driven, and as far as I know,
> it was made the same under Delphi to, so Kylix and Delphi are
> consistent in that regard.

According to this mail from 2007
http://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org/msg04158.html
IInterface and IUnknown are the same in Delphi 7 as well as they are in
FPC (although they are aliased the other way round, but that doesn't
matter).

So I still say it's Delphi compatible ^^

Regards,
Sven