[fpc-pascal] More Win CE

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:37:03 CET 2010

On 12.11.2010 14:56, Uffe Kousgaard wrote:
> Does the output from the wince compiler work with specific versions of win
> CE?
>
> This page lists versions 3.0, 4.20 and 5.2 :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Mobile

I had tested it on Windows Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.5 and
6.5.3. Of course it depends on what features of the OS you use, but
basically it should run down to Windows Pocket PC 2003 and maybe even 2002.

According to Wikipedia these OSes have the following CE versions:

Windows Pocket PC 2002: Windows CE 3.0
Windows Pocket PC 2003: Windows CE 4.2
Windows Mobile 5: Windows CE 5.0(?)
Windows Mobile 6: Windows CE 5.2
Windows Mobile 6.5: Windows CE 5.x
Windows Mobile 6.5.3: Windows CE 5.x

Free Pascal applications won't run on Windows Phone 7, but they might
run on "pure" Windows CE 6 and 7 systems (not tested though).

Regards,
Sven